Social media has been abuzz lately with the news about how Microsoft has been getting users to upgrade to the newest Windows 10 platform.
Microsoft has been making a strong push toward its newest desktop operating system, and the way they’ve been doing it seems to be anything but optional. Previously, users could accept the upgrade when the pop-up box asked them to “Upgrade Now” or “Upgrade Later”, or deny it by clicking the quintessential “X” in the top right corner. However, Microsoft made a change and instead of closing the box by clicking the “X”, it now activates the upgrade as the update has been labeled as “recommended”.
The photo below in a Tweet by PC World website senior editor Brad Chacos shows the screen users see, prompting them to update.
Now, the only way to stop the upgrade is to click “Click here to change the upgrade schedule or cancel schedule upgrade” at the time the update is scheduled to begin. You can then change your upgrade settings so that updates aren’t automatically installed on your computer.
Here at Metafile, we have been receiving calls from customers who have updated to Windows 10 – some on accident and some on purpose – and are worried about how that will affect their ResultsPlus system.
Lucky for you, no matter how you got to Windows 10, ResultsPlus works with it. Here’s some advice from our support team:
What should you watch out for?
- Connecting to ResultsPlus Online, the hosted version of our software, does not work with the new Windows 10 browser, Microsoft Edge. Additionally, some heightened security in Windows 10 could cause some headaches that will require support from your IT staff.
- The fix: Use the traditional Internet Explorer 11 browser that also comes built into Windows 10, albeit hidden. You only need to make this change if you are using our hosted/online version of ResultsPlus.
- Some external applications, like printers, may not update like other Windows-specific ones.
- The fix: Download the latest drivers from your printer vendor.
- Services may be interrupted and devices may have difficulty connecting.
- The fix: Restart your SQL server and consult your tech team about what is causing the loss of connection.
So rest easy, ResultsPlus users and accidental Windows 10-upgraders – ResultsPlus will happily work with your new system and we have a team of highly trained staff here to help you breathe a sigh of relief again.
Still have questions about ResultsPlus for Windows 10? Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-222-4096.