Another difficult year is coming to a close, and even though it still feels a little bit like time is standing still, we are looking into some of the top 2022 trends to look out for in the coming year. From fundraising to tech, the nonprofit industry continues to move forward even when the world feels like it’s stopping.
Here’s what to watch for in 2022:
- Continued use of virtual and hybrid events: COVID-19 hasn’t gone away yet, and nonprofits will continue to accommodate by hosting virtual and hybrid events to keep attendees safe. While this may not be ideal in comparison to seeing your donors and stakeholders in person, many nonprofits have realized that it allows them to reach a wider audience and even increase donation potential.
- Larger focus on diversity and inclusion in leadership: More than ever before nonprofit leadership teams and boards are putting more focus on inclusion to make sure that representation is diverse and equitable. Many organizations are also forming Diversity, Equity & Inclusion divisions to make sure they are doing their part to close gaps in hiring and leadership.
- Increased transparency in data and impact tracking: During these tumultuous times, donors have especially wanted to see what their money is going toward. Nonprofits have and will continue to have a renewed focus on transparency in their fundraising efforts, showing donors that their donations are making a tangible difference and reporting progress of projects, campaigns and fundraisers.
- Focusing on corporate giving: More corporations are looking for ways to give back, especially in this time when people are more socially aware and Millennials and Gen Zers trend toward companies with philanthropic priorities. In fact, a study done by the Lilly Family School of Philanthropy at Indiana University estimates that corporate giving will increase by 6.5 percent in 2022.
- Embrace the power of social media: Whether they’ve been dabbling or they’re full-blown social media gurus, nonprofits will be looking for even more ways to use the power of social media in their fundraising efforts in 2022. Facebook and Instagram have launched charitable giving tools that allow nonprofits to easily post their fundraiser and allow donors to easily donate. It’s a streamlined, modern way to reach audiences and encourage donations on the platforms that donors are spending the most time on. And we also can’t forget about Tik Tok. The new platform, like it or not, is here to stay and is making a massive impact on the social media space through short, quippy videos that today is the fastest-growing social media network ever with more than 1 billion active monthly users. Nonprofits that use Tik Tok have engagement rates that many of the other social channels can’t offer, and it’s showing for many nonprofits who are using it to showcase their mission!
New year, new trends, and we’re here for them! Cheers to a trendy and successful new year!