The holidays are already among us, and this year you may be looking for the ultimate gift for your fundraising team. And if you're looking for a gift that will keep on giving all year long and for years to come, nonprofit CRM software is bound to be a hit.
So if you're considering giving the gift of fundraising software, we have some functionality that you will want to put on your nonprofit CRM wish list so that you can be sure that your team is getting the best fundraising resource.
Here's what we recommend you put on your wish list:
- Mail merge: Take the hassle out of sending letters to your donor base. Many donor management systems, like ResultsPlus, have mail-merge wizards that send Microsoft Word documents to your constituents. Set rules based on who you want to send the letters to and the wizard will whip up the letters so that all you have to do is either print or press "Send."
- Queries and reports: Track progress and pinpoint the specifics of donors and campaigns. You will likely want to find a donor management system that can give you snapshots of your organization and allow you to run queries for an inside look at your constituents and campaigns.
- Donor segmentation: Your donors are unique, so it's important that you're able to personalize your communications. A CRM helps you segment your donors based on the factors that are important to you, like giving amount, event attendance, and even their general interests. This allows you to separate them and only reach out to constituents with information that's relevant to them.
- Integration with your accounting system: Your nonprofit has likely deployed other software solutions, and how convenient would it be if they connected? Lucky for you, a system like ResultsPlus integrates with many accounting systems, including Microsoft Dynamics GP, to help you keep an accurate record of incoming gifts, pledges and tributes.
- Record and process gifts, pledges and tributes: The structure of any good nonprofit CRM is its ability to allow you and your team to record and process gifts, from matching gifts to split gifts, in-kind donations to recurring gifts. When looking at vendors, make sure that the system can process gifts in every form that you get them in!
- Track and manage activities and events: If your nonprofit hosts a lot of events, then choosing software with an events management piece may be essential for you. These allow you to keep track of RSVPs, create seating charts, generate mailing lists, record auction item donations and more.
Is it time for you to replace that $25 Secret Santa gift with a gift that will help your team communicate more effectively with constituents and increase fundraising success? Give your fundraisers, volunteers and directors the present that they've been asking for this year!