The weather is warming up, and for many of us our schedules are relaxing a bit. This means more time to relax in the sun, enjoy a backyard cook-out, and explore some volunteer opportunities.
If you’re looking for some ways to give back to your community this spring and summer, we have a list for you! Read on for some spring-friendly volunteering ideas so you can enjoy some time in the sun AND do good for your community and the world.
- Walk dogs for your local humane society.
- Plant trees to help your community go green.
- Volunteer to do neighborhood clean-up.
- Participate in a charity run or walk.
- Do yard clean-up for senior citizens in your neighborhood.
- Host a summer clothing drive.
- Join a beautification committee.
- Do an outdoor toy drive.
- Volunteer to coach a local youth sports team.
- Build a Little Free Library.
- Pick up trash on your hikes or walks.
- Be a volunteer lifeguard.
- Sign up to volunteer at your local Boys and Girls Club.
- Be a camp counselor.
- Be a volunteer tutor.
If you have found other fun, unique ways to give back in the spring and summer months, please share them in the comments below! Happy Spring Volunteering!