The world is currently experiencing challenging times. Being a provider of nonprofit fundraising software, we want to provide suggestions for how you can support your local community and neighborhoods that are struggling with a food and supplies shortage.
Many neighborhoods most affected during these times are home to low-income individuals and families.
Here’s how you can help:
- Many groups are coordinating neighborhood clean-up efforts. Grab a mask, gloves, a broom and some garbage bags and join others to lend a helping hand.
- Donate food and supplies to local food shelves and community organizations. If you’re able to get to an open (and safe) grocery store or have food and supplies at home to spare, many community organizations and outreach groups are asking for donations so that individuals and families in affected neighborhoods without transportation can still receive goods close to home. Some of these organizations include Farmer’s Markets and other food shelves.
- Remember to mask-up. If you’re heading out, no matter what the reason, please remember that we’re still in the midst of a pandemic. Protect yourselves and those around you by wearing a mask and appropriately social distancing.
- Check on family, friends and co-workers. These are difficult, confusing and emotional times. Make sure people in your life are safe and supported.
- Donate money if you’re able. Many local organizations are taking monetary donations to use toward food and supplies for neighbors, as well as donations to help rebuild local small businesses. Check out GoFundMe pages, foundations and local nonprofit websites to see who is accepting donations. This is a great way to help your community.
2020 has been difficult at best for us all, but we are proud to continue to support the work of our nonprofit clients during these difficult times.