We just survived another snowstorm here in Minnesota, using our trusty shovels and snow blowers to dig ourselves out. With the right tools, some elbow grease, and a bit of persistence, we’re usually able to get our sidewalks and driveways cleaned up in no time.
Perhaps the same strategy can be used for your development office. Remember all those tasks you pushed off to the side so you could get through the busy holiday, year-end season? Well now might be a good time to start digging toward the bottom of the pile of tasks that have built up in the last few months. Using the right tools for the job, you too can make quick work of some important housekeeping tasks, and here’s a few ideas to get you started:
- Check your database for duplicates that may have been added over the past months. Merge them together to help minimize unwanted duplicate mailings to your donors.
- If you haven’t already, run a list of donors who have given to you in the past but did not give in 2015. They may be worthy of a special appeal or effort to keep them engaged before too much time passes.
- Deactivate any old performance codes in your database that you no longer need. If you no longer have an active campaign or appeal, deactivate those codes so they won’t be visible on your selection lists anymore. The lists will be shorter and the correct selections will be easier to make. You’ll also minimize data entry errors.
- If you haven’t already done so, update your calendar year in ResultsPlus. This will allow the Year-to-Date fields to accurately reflect the count and total amounts of gifts for 2016.
- Explore the user assistance area of ResultsPlus. Run through some of the tutorials on features that you may not yet be familiar with. You’ll find them in the Ribbon Group called ‘Tutorials.’ While you’re exploring, check out the ‘Tips’ information and the ‘All Topics’ categories. You never know what new gems might be hidden there
As always, let us know if we can be of help to you or provide further clarification. You can reach us at email@example.com or by calling 1-800-222-4096.