Another AFP International Fundraising Conference has come and gone, and while we are already missing the fundraising and nonprofit camaraderie (and the warm California sun), we left with more tools in our arsenal, a renewed sense of inspiration for the nonprofit industry and some great takeaways.
As exhibitors, we have the unique opportunity to talk to a wide variety of people at conferences like AFPFC. Whether it’s with attendees, speakers, educators, fellow exhibitors or competitors, we learn so much about the state of the nonprofit industry through our conversations with others.
Here are some of this year’s AFPFC takeaways:
- Grassroots movements are a priority for many in today’s political state, many of which focus on women’s rights, social justice, environmental and climate change, racial discrimination, community health, economic development and more.
- Technology and technological innovation is top-of-mind for many fundraisers, who seek to streamline their nonprofit operations and keep up with the changing times.
- Enhancing major gift fundraising through prospecting, wealth screening and donor management software and improved donor relationship and cultivation strategies is another focus for many nonprofits.
- As nonprofits are continuing to search for ways to make the most of their budgets, it has become increasingly important for fundraisers to retain donors, which is more cost-effective than cultivating new donors and increases donor loyalty.
- Fundraisers are extremely passionate about not only what they do, but the relationships they generate and nurture and the success of the industry as a whole. That said, they are constantly looking for ways to improve what they do as fundraisers, whether it’s through training, certification opportunities, conferences or networking with fellow nonprofiteers.
The passion we saw amongst attendees, exhibitors and speakers was inspiring and motivating for us as nonprofit software providers. Our mission is to provide fundraisers with the most effective, state-of-the-art donor management technology to help them focus on what they do best – cultivating and nurturing relationships with donors so that they can continue to make the world better through the work that they do.
We’ll see you next year at AFPFC 2018!